Digital & Technology
London, England, GB (or Remote)
About this job
Want to be part of the most dynamic automotive media company in the UK? Are you looking to join a fast paced company where you can express yourself in a positive environment where change and growth are celebrated?
At Autovia we are dedicated to creating and building highly successful brands that people want to work on and a culture that people want to work in. As a result we are looking for the highest calibre of talent to join us and help us with the next stage of our growth journey. Our car brands are an important part of our strategy which includes being able to offer our customers a solution for every stage of researching and buying a car.
We own leading automotive titles including AutoExpress, CarBuyer, DrivingElectric, Evo, Octane, CarThrottle among others. We also own the UK’s first online business to sell and deliver used cars to your home in Buyacar.co.uk. This is one of our fastest growing brands and is transforming the way people buy cars, allowing customers to browse thousands of cars online without the need to visit or even speak to a car dealer. We make it simple to purchase directly through our sales team, and deliver the car directly to the customer’s door. This unique offering and our “customer-first” approach has earned us an “excellent” rating on TrustPilot.
We want to hire a Software Engineer who is able to help us achieve our growth ambitions within the media part of the business.
What will you be doing?
Who are we looking for?
- An individual who is passionate about building software, writing fantastic code and coming up with solutions to complex problems.
- Someone who is excited to learn new things. You could be a PHP developer or a node.js developer looking to build on existing backend knowledge.
- Experience of delivering technology.
- Someone who enjoys working as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and can influence decisions.
- Excellent attention to detail as well as the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Proven ability to ‘roll sleeves up’ and take a hands-on approach to delivering.
What will you be doing?
- Working with the team to roll out new features and products.
- Collaborating with the team to identify and fix technical problems.
- Building new services and improving existing ones.
- Writing quality and secure code.
- Knowledge of PHP and/or node.js.
- Interest and passion for following software design patterns.
- Experience of test driven development.
Selection of technologies currently used:
This isn’t a list of technical requirements, we want to give you a flavour of what you can expect from our stack.
- PHP – Laravel and Drupal
- AWS Lambda
At Autovia we want our people to embrace the journey, be curious, think creatively, push the boundaries and be a positive team player. Our driving force is to wow our customers, listen to what they want and deliver best in class service whatever part of the business you join. All we ask is that you keep it real, be authentic to who you are, respect others and have fun along the way!
We’re proud that our teams are as diverse as our customers. We recruit talented people based only on their skills, experience, and their drive to make Autovia the best it can be. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!